At CCBIKES, we lead workshops for students
to build bicycles out of bamboo!
ENGAGE YOUR STUDENTS with practical life skills and a project that they can ride away on!
Led by Russ Hopkins, a college preparatory educator with 10+ years experience working with students in project based experiential learning.
What your students will learn:
- how to turn sustainable material into a safe and fun-to-ride bicycle that will empower and inspire them in the rest of their academics.
- the importance of accuracy, consistency, focus, and persistence
- creativity in their aesthetic choices for the frame and the final bike part components
- teamwork, connection and collaboration
- how to safely use tools, including hand saws and Dremel tools
Students are so engaged in the process they don't even think about their phones!
Some of the schools that have built bamboo bikes with us include Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT) in Boston and Colorado Academy in Denver.
We would love to work with your school, too!
Questions? Give us a call at 720-437-0638 or send us an email!
Download the Flyer to send share with a colleague/friend!