200hr IN PERSON & LIVE ONLINE Yoga Teacher Training
Hosted by EmPOWER Yoga in Buena Vista, CO and Facilitated by CCYOGA owner, Brittany Hopkins
This RYT 200 hour IN PERSON & LIVE ONLINE training is an extraordinary opportunity for you to deepen your yoga practice, expand the benefits of the training into all areas of your life and empower others in their yoga practices/lives.
Discover for yourself how yoga applies both on and off the mat through yoga asana, meditation, discussion, personal inquiry, contribution, community building, hands-on coaching, assisting asana alignment, and practice teaching. Experience the freedom and effectiveness that emerges from this inspired and embodied practice.
December 10-13 *Graduation Weekend
Times (Mountain Standard Time Zone):
Thursdays | 4:30pm-9:30pm
Fridays | 9:15am-9:15pm
Saturdays | 9:15am-9:15pm
Sundays | 9:15am-5:15pm
**There will be mandatory Monday evening check-in's via Zoom from 7-8:30pm MST (except the Mondays directly following a training weekend)**
**There will be required weekly homework assignments on your own time in between training weekends.
- Asana (physical yoga practice)
- Yoga Philosophy & History
- Practice Teaching
- A powerful personal yoga practice & deeper understanding of your body
- New friends and an amazing supportive community
- The ability to teach an all levels Power Yoga class to any population
- Anatomy & Physiology of yoga, as well as the energetics of yoga
- Alignment, sequencing, and hands on adjustments
- The philosophy of yoga and how to live yoga off your mat
- Effective communication & presentation skills
- 180+ contact classroom hours
- 40+ non-contact hours
- Non-contact hours include time outside/in between each scheduled weekend and include practice teaching sessions, reading and writing assignments, yoga practice, meditation, and group assignments and activities.
"Out of the 200 hour Discover Your Power Teacher Training I discovered a whole new world and way of thinking that I feel I have been looking for. It has most DEFINITELY made my physical practice stronger with more understanding. Anyone looking to expand their mind and body should seriously look into teacher training."
-Mike Vaughn, 2020 YTT Grad
Brittany Hopkins is owner of and teacher at Container Collective Yoga. As a YACEP E-RYT 500 hour and 1200 hour certified Baptiste Yoga Instructor, that has been teaching movement since 1998, she creates space for students to feel comfortable and confident to stretch and move beyond their imagination, on and off their yoga mats. With a background as a professional dancer and dance instructor in Chicago, IL; Central Utah; Denver, CO; and internationally in Beijing, China, her yoga classes are fun, fluid, and challenging, and inspire students to embody a sense of ease and unconditional love that impact their lives outside of the studio. She trained with the Baptiste Institute. She is also trained in Yoga Nidra "Yogic Sleep" and Silver Sneakers Chair Yoga. And is a social impact leader with the Baptiste Foundation.
"Yoga teacher training has brought so much to my life. It brought me a community of wonderful, passionate people, knowledge of my strength and power, a deeper understanding of my goals and the ability to teach and show people the power of Baptiste Yoga."
-Saylor Smith, 2020 YTT graduate