Talk about a full circle moment!!! Two years ago (in the last quarter of 2014) it was Ava and me (Brittany) and the wagon at free yoga in the park, with maybe one or two participants....Maybe!
On Saturday, October 1st, 2016 there were six of us Container Collective Yoga teachers leading the free yoga in the park class with twenty five participants ranging in age from 10 years old to 55 years old. Some of the them were first time yogis and other have been a part of our community yoga studio in Lakewood for over a year!
Mind BLOWN!!! Yes, please..Thank you...More of that!!!!
I'm beyond grateful for the CCYOGA teaching team and Lakewood, CO community surrounding us with so much light, love, and joy!
-After the yoga class, several of us jumped on our bikes for a cruiser ride around Sloan's Lake. Fall was definitely in the air with the cool crisp air and leaves blowing across the bike path.
Then there was quite the party across the street at Joyride Brewing Company (a local Colorado brewery). Joyride owners/brewers, Grant and Dave, built bamboo bikes with us a year ago, so it was fun to support their biz by bringing our community to them!
We enjoyed bbq and beers and raffled off a ton of great stuff, including a bamboo bike frame, a bamboo bike building workshop, unlimited yoga, and private yoga lessons to our Lakewood, CO bike shop and yoga studio!
It'll be fun to see where Container Collective Yoga and Bikes is a year from now.
Things in works for Container Collective:
- As classes fill up we will continue to add more yoga classes to the schedule and even more fun yoga workshops!
- We will be finishing the remodel of the front part of the building this fall.
- We are planning to build a second yoga studio/room in the back of the building.
- We will be hosting our first 200 hour Yoga Teacher Training this February-May..
- CCBIKES will be traveling around the country leading bamboo bike building workshops at high schools, universities, and police stations.
- Russ will be building custom bamboo bike frames for people in addition to teaching others how to build their own!
- I (Brittany) will be leading a yoga retreat to Nepal in October 2017.
- With the way bike service went this last season, we will definitely be hiring an additional bike mechanic for service/repairs in the spring of 2017.
The possibilities are endless for our Lakewood, CO yoga studio and bike shop!
Comments are closed.